Monday, May 17, 2010

Snack attack


What it is yall! I have a little more food than booze to share with you for a change. This could be the first time in 10 years that I consumed more food than liquid. So let me hit you with my backshot and tell you what you're looking at. After pounding out a solid Little Italy run, Amers and I whet prosciutto crazy. After the simple prosciutto rapped breadsticks, I constructed some mini heaven open faced sandos. Toasted bread rounds with a pesto rub as the base topped with a slice of prosciutto, roasted red pepper and mozzarella. This combo placed me in a Roma Coma. With all the goodness gracias foodas on the table I had a great bottle of wine to make sure it went down smooth, Ubaldo Syrah 2007 from Cardanini Vineyards. In my efforts to balance my food and booze consumption I decanted the bottle and threw the cork away so I would have to go the distance. The Syrah had a sassy alcohol content enough for me to capitalize on the experience. This was an awesome appetizer afternoon.




Until the end of the next bottle...



Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment